A New Chapter
Several years ago, we took on a challenge with a company called CELSYS. Our challenge was simple yet exciting: get CLIP STUDIO PAINT / Manga Studio 5 into the hands of American comic and manga artists. In this time, we helped build CLIP STUDIO PAINT into the world’s leading comic and manga creation software. Now, we are ready to embark on the next journey of putting our world class technical and business skills to work towards creating the next global brand.
We are pleased to announce that our good partner, CELSYS, is now expanding their capabilities beyond software developer. For Smith Micro customers of CLIP STUDIO PAINT / Manga Studio 5, as of October 28, 2017 you can now look to CELSYS for download licenses, support and technical inquiries.
Both CELSYS and Smith Micro are committed to making this transition seamless. Below is some information you should be aware of, but should you have more specific questions from now until October 28th, you may reach out to our customer support team.
- On October 28, 2017, CELSYS will start providing technical support for copies of CLIP STUDIO PAINT / Manga Studio 5 purchased from Smith Micro. Users will be able to continue receiving support without any gap.
- Although CELSYS is a Japanese corporation, their capable English support staff will be more than happy to provide stable user support.
The new CELSYS support system is as follows.
- CLIP STUDIO PAINT 's online license activation system has been and will continue to be operated reliably by CELSYS.
- Software updates have also been provided regularly by CELSYS, and can be accessed and downloaded from CELSYS's homepage.
- Technical support is provided at CELSYS's support desk. Additionally, users can use the official CLIP STUDIO PAINT user Q&A community CLIP STUDIO ASK.
- Copies of CLIP STUDIO PAINT PRO purchased from Smith Micro can be upgraded to EX via CELSYS's homepage.
- Smith Micro customers can still purchase packaged copies of CLIP STUDIO PAINT PRO and EX from Smith Micro websites, while supplies last.
- If you need help with license key retrieval for any software purchased from Smith Micro, continue to contact our Support Team for this assistance.
- Will CLIP STUDIO PAINT’s social media still exist? The Smith Micro social media channels, which include Facebook: Clip Studio Paint and Twitter: @MangaStudio, will stay active until supplies of physical product run-out. Once the physical product inventory depletes, these pages will be shut down for good. To interact with CELSYS’ social media, you can follow them on Twitter here and like them on Facebook here.
Q&A Community CLIP STUDIO ASK: https://ask.clip-studio.com/en-us/
Sites and Social:
CLIP STUDIO PAINT Official website: http://www.clipstudio.net/en/
CLIP STUDIO PAINT official website: http://www.clipstudio.net/en/ or continued purchasing at a designated dealer.
We would like to sincerely thank all users of CLIP STUDIO PAINT / Manga Studio for your enthusiasm, love of this software, and great designs created with CLIP STUDIO PAINT!
Thank you for your continued support of CLIP STUDIO PAINT / Manga Studio.
Updates: Originally, we announced to take CLIP STUDIO PAINT social media pages down on October 31, 2017. However, they will remain open until the CLIP STUDIO PAINT physical inventory depletes. We do encourage you follow CELSYS social media pages and interact there!