"Finally, THIS is what I've been waiting for."
The last 24 hours have been a whirlwind...it's hard to imagine that it was just yesterday we were finally able to to tell the world that Poser 9 and Poser Pro 2012 are coming soon. (Weren't we just releasing Poser Pro 2010?) The initial response to the Poser 9 & Pro 2012 information has been overwhelmingly positive and we are excited. Our teams have been hard at work to bring the release of both versions together simultaneously and now we are counting down until launch day! 40 days to go!
Join the Discussion about Poser 9/Pro 2012
Have you popped into the Official RuntimeDNA Poser 9/Pro 2012 Forum to share your excitement? We've got dozens of Smith Micro staff, fantastic artists and beta testers hanging out, showing off renders and answering your questions. See what Les Garner of Sixus1 has to say about his experience so far.
How soon will Poser 9 & Poser Pro 2012 be available?
Pre-sales start on August 17th and both versions will be available on September 20th. You can check out pricing here.
What's New in Poser 9 & Poser Pro 2012?
You can check out all the features and benefits, but here is a snapshot:
• Real-time OpenGL Scene Preview
• Subsurface Scattering
• Rendering Performance Improvements
• Weight Map Rigging
• Vertex Weight Map Auto Transfer (Pro 2012 Only)
• Weight Map Creation Tools (Pro 2012 Only)
• Grouping Objects
• Expanded Context Menus
• Full Scene Category in Library
• Multi-select Drag and Drop Library Support
• Morphing Tool Tablet Support
• Constraint Channels and Constraint Objects
• Light Emitting Objects
• Frame Selected Object
• Orbit Selected Object Mode
• Full 64-bit Mac/Win (Pro 2012 Only)
• Faster Dynamic Hair
• Pre-render Texture Caching
• Python 2.7 Support
• Improved COLLADA Support (Pro 2012 Only)
• Mac OS X 10.7 Lion Support
Pro 2012 Advanced Features
• Queue Manager / Network Render Queue
• Background Rendering
• 64-bit Application and FireFly Render Engine
• High Dynamic Range Image (HDRI) Export
• PoserFusion Hosting Plug-ins
• Gamma Correction/Linear Rendering