We need your vote! Smith Micro would LOVE to see you at SXSW this year - but we need YOUR help in getting our panel "The Not-So-Distant Future of Graphic Novels" picked! Head on over, register and then CAST YOUR VOTE by giving us a big ol' thumbs up - and then tweeting about it to your friends!
Here's a little more about what we'd love to show you:
The Not-So-Distant Future of Graphic Novels
Storytelling is a human activity. It is in our nature to tell stories, share experiences and express what goes on in our imaginations to others. Over time, storytelling has evolved on a massive scale. Comics and graphic novels have their own unique form of story telling. From X-Men and Spiderman to The Walking Dead and Sin City, there has been a clear evolution in the comic industry from simple narrative to complex saga.
Last year alone, the estimated sales for comics was an astounding $690 million dollars. What’s the next step in the evolution of storytelling?
From paper comics to a touchscreen interactive experience, the next step in the comic industry is on the horizon and the ability to directly interact with the product of your imagination is coming to a device near you. Join comic industry expert Steve Yatson as he discusses what’s next in the evolution of comics.
- How do interactive graphic novels represent a natural evolution in illustrative storytelling?
- Do we have a clear definition of what a digital graphic novel is yet, or is it still a medium that's in the process of being invented?
- Where is the technology going to come from and what are the tools used to create the graphic novels?
- What does this means for the comic industry — what are the pros and cons? How does the industry adapt?
- Where do you see this all leading to — what are comics going to look like in, say, 2020?
Don't that sound COOL?! Register for the SXSW PanelPicker and give us a thumbs up right now!