Hosted annually in Los Angeles, Anime Expo is North America's largest celebration of Japanese culture, which celebrated its twenty-second year this month. Smith Micro was thrilled to be a part of Anime Expo 2013, which had a record 61,000 unique attendees, and turnstile attendance of over 161,000. We had such a great time and already cannot wait for next year.
Things to get excited over this year included:
- the legendary Japanese rock band PORNOGRAFFITTI, featured at Club Nokia
- An appearance by George Wada, producer of "Attack on Titan"
- Fashion shows from multiple popular Shibuya brands
- The first ever “Shinjuku Masquerade Ball”
- The first introduction to the Cosplay Participation Area
- “Garden of Words”, “Ghost in the Shell ARISE”, “Kick-Heart!!”, and “Star Blazers 2199” premiered at the convention.
Read more from the Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation here.
Take a look at our ScatterShow of this year's Anime Expo.
Did you attend this year's Anime Expo? Share your photos with us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Are you interested in creating your own ScatterShows? Check out our blog post and website to learn more.