Here's a quick CLIP STUDIO PAINT (formerly Manga Studio) tip on how to use the gradient tool.
Painting with a smooth gradient.
- With an image open, select the [Gradient] tool.
- In the [Sub Tool] palette, select the gradient you want to use. You can create your own or use one of the provided presets.
- Click and drag to begin the gradient. Release the mouse button when the line is the desired length.
- Note that the [Gradient] tool works with and without a selection.
- In addition to the [Gradient] tool, you can also use a [Gradient] layer.
- In the [Layer Menu], choose [New Layer] then choose [Gradient].
- Drag the line as desired. You may also alter the colors used.
Take a look at this quick little tutorial on how to shade using the gradient tool.